Monday, October 5, 2009

Hello world.

And I don't mean that in a John Laws way.

This is a political blog I'm starting. I do have another one. I'm not going to say where it is or who I am. For those interested, I'm Australian. I'm relatively politically active. And I'm guessing you can tell what my leanings are by the title of this blog. For now, that'll do.

My other blog was becoming a dumping ground for my political ramblings, and I'm sure my friends would rather that I write about my social life shennanigans, so I decided to start a new space where I can have a spray about whatever's on my mind politically. I'll probably be posting mostly about Domestic Australian (Federal and State) and American politics, but with a smattering of stuff from Britain, Japan, and maybe the odd random country. And there'll be a lot of stuff about political philosophy and my emerging ideas of what democracy should mean.

The first few posts I put up here will probably be things I wrote while I had a spare moment at work. Just for the hell of it, the first thing I put up here will be on Japanese politics. I wrote an essay on Japan's political system a few years ago, and I was intrigued by the news that the recent Japanese election resulted in a big change.

I'll let the post speak for itself. But for now, I hope you enjoy the blog and stay reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment